I don’t know who “they” are, but they say that every seven years your body changes. Hair, nails, skin, temperment, everything. Well, that’s happening to me right now. Heading up to my 25th birthday I started to notice things were changing, and now that I’m about 3 months into my 25th year, my body is in full reject everything mode. I’m exhausted all the time, my hair is falling out like crazy, I have what I like to lovingly call chacne (acne on your chin, cute huh?). One of the most upsetting things is that none of my products are reacting the way they used to. I felt like I finally found my pot of gold in the form of hair and makeup products that actually worked, and now my body is playing a cruel joke on me. Have you gone through is too?
I’ve been looking for products that can help me battle the change; mostly because I’m refusing to get older. I like to call this my Peter Pan Period. Here are the products that have been working wonders for me:
1. The Original Moroccon Oil- for years I’ve heard people say that argon oil does wonders, but I never understood how it doesn’t make whatever you’re putting it on totally greasy. I still don’t know how it does it, but it’s not greasy… I promise. Put it on the ends of your hair before bed and encourage moisture without the grease associated with a lot of other products. Any excess on your hands can go anywhere else on your body, I choose my elbows. Buy it here.
2. Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths- I fell into the trap of buying fancy shampoos and conditioners for a long time, but when Beautiful Lengths made a comeback I couldn’t resist. I used it all throughout college when my hair was at its best, and lately the more expensive brands just aren’t cutting it. If you use it consistently your hair will grow and be as healthy as ever. Pair it with the Moroccon Oil and you’re golden. Buy it here.
3. Dr. Jart O2 Cleansing Foam & BB Cream- thanks to my sister in law who ended up with a tester in her Birchbox, I was introduced to Dr. Jart and immedietly knew it would be perfect for my skin. The O2 cleanser is made with blueberrys, so it’s great for sensitive skin. The BB cream adds just the right amout of coverage for me, I set it with powder. Buy them here and here.
4. Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick- the Dr. Jart BB cream works great for the majority of my face, but I still have my chacne issue to handle. This is the perfect solution for getting a little extra coverage in problem areas while keeping the rest of your pores free from heavier makeup. Full coverage without all of the cakiness! Buy it here.
5. My Beauty Diary Hylauronic Acid Masks- my boss gave two of these to me after a trip to Taiwan, and I immedietly ordered more. My skin is becoming a bit dry with age… these fix that! Any excess liquid that comes off of the mask (there will be a lot) spread to your neck and arms. Leave on for 15-20 minutes before bed. I’d recommend using it once a week, and make sure to store them in the fridge! Warning- it looks like a weird second skin with eye holes, so I’d do it when you’re alone. Buy them here.